Ep.03: Top Financial Challenges Faced by Today’s Remodeling Business Owner with Doug Howard
Episode 3 takes a deep dive into the financial challenges that remodeling business owners face on a daily basis. Victoria and Mark welcome Doug Howard, Remodelers Advantage Director of Consulting to the PowerTips Unscripted studio.
Doug Howard is an entrepreneur, government official and small business consultant with more than 25 years of experience in leading organizations and assisting clients in many different industries.
After working with remodelers from across the US and Canada, Doug shares his thoughts on challenges such as:
- Cash flow issues
- Planning and budgeting for growth
- Recognizing success patterns in your business
- Stair-stepping growth (adding personnel & resources)
- LEAN Process improvement and how it relates to production & cash flow
- Identifying signs that you are growing too fast
- Ownership structure: Partnerships, relatives, married couples, etc.
- What to do when things start “going south”
Doug’s alternate job title at R/A is “The Fixer” and that becomes apparent as he shares his experiences in working with remodelers and providing his Five Words of Wisdom. Doug survives the Lightning Round with some key insights as well as a great book recommendation… Enjoy!
Thanks for Listening…
Please share your comments about Doug’s thoughts and advice below and if you have any questions for Doug, or you are interested in learning more about how Doug can help you with your business, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re enjoying our PowerTips Unscripted podcast, please spread the word and post reviews on iTunes and Stitcher.