There are few organizations that can impact a US based remodeling business like the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)… Maybe the IRS, but that’s another episode.
In Episode 4 of PowerTips Unscripted, Victoria and Mark speak with Ben Johnson about OSHA regulations, enforcement and how they can have a huge impact if not handled correctly.
Ben Johnson is an attorney at the Nilan Johnson Lewis law firm in Minneapolis and is well-versed in matters concerning OSHA. He represents companies involved in business litigation, including issues that commonly arise in the construction industry, like contract disputes, defect claims, and warranty disputes. He also specializes in defending companies in matters involving personal injuries, product liability, and workplace safety.
Victoria, Mark and Ben discuss matters such as:
- Clarification of the 10-employee Rule
- Building OSHA compliance planning & training into your employment documentation
- Preparing you and your team if an OSHA Inspector arrives on one of your job sites
- Which issues are the most commonly cited by OSHA Inspectors
- How to be proactive by utilizing OSHA resources such as training & free consultations
- New regulations concerning exposure to airborne Silica on the job site
- The impact the new administration will have on OSHA regulations & enforcement
If you need to reach Ben, his contact information is:
Shareholder at Nilan Johnson Lewis PA
OSHA Online Resources mentioned in this episode:
- OSHA Website
- Contact OSHA
- Report a Death or Severe Injury
- Request a free OSHA Consultation
- Find an OSHA Office
Would love some feedback…
Any experience with OSHA regulations or enforcement? Please share your comments and advice below.