What will accounting and administration departments look like in five years? With advancements in technology and the shift towards an outsourced “gig economy,” the change is coming and the decisions you make now are critical to preparing for that change.
To look further into how the world of accounting and office administration is changing we welcome Jackie Shaw to the show.
In addition to being a long-standing and extremely popular Roundtables facilitator, Jackie is founder and principal consultant of Get Organized! whose mission is to increase the happiness in the world by helping business owners deal with accounting & administrative challenges. She is a nationally recognized presenter, consultant and QuickBooks Wizard.
Victoria, Mark and Jackie cover:
- What accounting and administration departments will look like in 5 years.
- What decisions you should be making (or not making) now to take advantage of technology advances and the gig economy.
- Where owners are stumbling when making decisions about technology and staffing.
- What a Controller position looks like currently and what it will be in 5 – 10 years.
- What owners can do now to prepare for the change.
- Pitfalls owners should watch out for in the next 5 years.
- And more…
Check out Mark's New Book, Lobster on a Cheese Plate
As mentioned during this episode, make sure you check out Mark’s new book on marketing strategy, Lobster on a Cheese Plate. Plenty of great information for taking your company’s marketing to the next level. [Click here for more information & to order your copy!]