Ep.136: How to Build, Accelerate and Harvest the Value of a Company with John Warrillow
Small business owners spend a lifetime building a company and have one shot at getting their exit right.
Yet waiting to pounce on this unsuspecting group is a legion of financial mercenaries, private equity predators and corporate giants set up to prey on owner’s lack of experience when it comes to mergers and acquisitions.
These financial engineers use sleazy tactics like “strategic pacing,” “re-trading,” and “proprietary deal flow” to dupe owners into selling their life’s work for pennies on the dollar.
Our guest in this episode, John Warrillow, passionately advocates owners reframe how they approach their company from thinking of it as a job to building a transferable and valuable asset.
John is the founder of The Value Builder System™, a simple software for building the value of a company used by thousands of businesses worldwide. He is a past Keynote Speaker at our Remodelers Summit and has been a guest here on PowerTips Unscripted in milestone episodes 01 and 100.
Victoria, Mark and John talk more about:
- The selling trends that John foresees with business owners who were hit hard during the pandemic.
- The biggest mistakes John sees owners make when it’s time to sell.
- The evil tricks large corporations and private equity groups use to pray on inexperienced owners.
- How owners let potential buyers know they are interested in selling without looking desperate.
- When owners should tell their employees they are thinking of selling.
- And more…
Take the Value Builder PreScoreTM Assessment and Discover How “Sellable” Your Business is
Whether your exit is on the horizon or years away, the PREScore™ assessment will prepare you personally for a successful transition into your next chapter while enabling your business – and your people – to continue to thrive without you. More importantly, the changes you would make to ensure your business is more “sellable” will also make it stronger and more profitable.
[Click Here to Get the Link to the Assessment]