In an extremely meta podcast today, we talk about podcasting — and the top reasons you should start your own. We were prompted by an email from a Roundtables member asking why and how to do it.
Podcasting is growing by leaps and bounds — 51% of the population has listened to a podcast. Of those listening, 45% are likely to have an income of $250,000 or more — the kind of affluent demographic you want.
In this episode, Victoria and Mark kick around the reasons you should start your own podcast, with some tips on how to get started.
First thing, don’t get swayed by the idea that a podcast is too global to target your own local area. You don’t even have to cover remodeling in your podcast, as long as it’s sponsored by your company. Other things to consider include:
- Making the time commitment
- Being consistent
- Deciding on a format
- Writing a script
- Equipment, set-up, and the costs
- Content creation and what to cover
- How to target the right market for you
- The value of an internal podcast for your employees
- The launch and initial push
- How prepare your guests and make them comfortable
- And much more …
Including Mark springing the lightning round on Victoria (completely ignoring what he just said about preparing guests, but whatever). If you start a podcast, or are already doing one, let us know in the comments below!