Many remodelers dream of one day building a high-volume remodeling company. Others aren’t sure it’s worth the effort.
In this episode, we talk to Jake Schloegel about what it takes to grow a high-volume remodeling business. Why build it? Who should be involved? What are the expectations?
Jake is the Founder of Schloegel Design Remodel, an award-winning Design/Build firm in Kansas City. He started in 1980 as a one-person company and has grown it, with the help of his team, to an operation exceeding $14 million in revenue annually. The company is now managed by Jake’s son, Charlie Schlegel, and his business partner, Chris Peterson.
Jake has been a facilitator and instructor for Remodelers Advantage for years and is very active in the remodeling community, having served as president of NARI from 1990 through 1992.
Victoria, Mark, and Jake talk more about:
- Jake’s business and what prepared him for growth.
- Who helped Jake in building the company?
- The key components necessary for sustainable growth.
- Why Jake wanted to achieve high volume.
- What Jake would do differently if he could have some do-overs.